All too often, in my humble opinion, when I mention hypnobirthing to people they look at me gone out and say, ‘oh no, that’s not for me’. Admittedly it might not be for everyone, I do get that we are all different, and that we should be able to choose what birth preparation we do. But honestly, I think most people who dismiss it straight away don’t really know what hypnobirthing is about, and that is a huge frustration for me, when all I want is for women to have a great birth experience. They have just heard the term, and decided that it must be some strange mumbo jumbo and they will be made to sit cross legged, hugging fellow class mates whilst trying to find their inner hippy. It can be like that if you want it to be, but actually, in reality, it is not like that at all.
The classes are practical and emotional preparations, including breathing techniques, positions for birth, and practical considerations throughout labour and birth, combined with changing the mindset you have around birth, to ensure you go in feeling confident, the ‘hypno’ bit ensures deep relaxation, combined with focused concentration to change your existing beliefs, that come from years of hearing negative birth stories and seeing medically managed births on the tv.
So here are just 9 of the reasons it is for you.....
1. You will become a super relaxed in pregnancy – irritations become a rarity and your baby will feel this too.
2. That sense of panic that comes completely out of the blue about how you are going to get that baby out of your fandango will be gone by the time you birth your baby.
3. You will know, without doubt, that your body is designed to birth your baby (and will become indifferent to the comments of those who can’t understand why you aren’t opting for ‘All The Drugs')
4. Your birth partner will not be the rabbit in the headlights that you might expect him or her to be, they will become your own mini doula, who knows just what it is you want and need.
5. When you experience the feeling of birthing your baby, you will know that you have been a wonder woman – this is your rite of passage – and after carrying your baby for 9 months, why deny yourself this amazing experience?
6. If you do get thrown a curve ball – you will still feel calm and in control when making decisions to change from your birth plan, knowing it is the right thing for you and your baby.
7. You can use the techniques which ever route your birth takes, even if you end up with an elective section, the tools in pregnancy and the relaxation techniques are all a massive help.
8. And you get tools for life! When dealing with a newborn there will be times you want to feel more at ease, tools for relaxation can be used for the rest of your life. I still use them, most often in the school playground (and not with the kids ;) )
What do you think? Sound pretty amazing hey? And it is. If you want to find out more then take a look here, or simply book a full course. You really do have nothing to lose and so much to gain.
You can also call me 07710 772491.